Award-winning freelance indexer specializing in back-of-book and embedded indexes in technology, health, disability, and the social sciences.
I use my background in writing, psychology, and information science to accurately reflect your conceptual structure for the book and quickly guide readers to the information they need.
I am the recipient of the 2023 Purple Pen Award for New Indexers.
Education and Training
- Indexing Theory & Application course, University of California, Berkeley
- Master of Science in Information, Human-Computer Interaction, University of Michigan
- Master of Science in Psychology and Certificate in Culture and Cognition, University of Michigan
- American Society for Indexing (Program Co-chair and Co-Webmaster for Pacific Northwest Chapter)
- Indexing Society of Canada / Société canadienne d’indexation
- Manager, North American Macrex mailing list
- I have worked as a data manager, project manager, and research study coordinator. Past employers include the University of California, San Francisco, where I worked on various behavioral health studies, and the Reproducibility Project, an open science collaboration involving >100 researchers and >50 projects.
- I also write fiction (contemporary SFF), have written nonfiction, and have edited a nonfiction anthology.